Encouraging

"Be not afriad of greatness. Some were born with greatness, some ACHIEVE greatness and some have greatness thrusted upon them."

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Bike+Turning with no hands=Gravity

                                    My elbow injury
     My hand injury            

 The whole she-bang.
 This little accident happened last week. I have always wanted to ride a bike with no hands. i was doing GREAT! i got to the point where i needed to learn how to turn on corners. The only way to really know if you can do it is to try it! Right? Well that is exactly what i did. My first turn went good so i decided to take on the second turn, it was sharper but i still wanted to try. While leaning i notice that i was leaning too far over, naturally i lean the other way and grabbed the handle bars. I started overcorrecting my self and i knew i had to prepare myself for a landing. The results from the accident were not that bad. A few scraps and bruises here and there, but i was up and riding the next day!

2 comments:

Cyndi said...

Still being able to ride with no hands is pretty impressive. I would blame the gravel road for your fall...not the lack of skill. Love ya

Jay and JoAnn said...

I'm impressed that you can ride with no hands. I always wanted to but was too chicken to try. I didn't want to fall and hurt myself. As you know, I still carry some of that same attitude. I don't want to get hurt!!
Love, Mom