Encouraging

"Be not afriad of greatness. Some were born with greatness, some ACHIEVE greatness and some have greatness thrusted upon them."

Monday, January 26, 2009

First Week back to school





Since i missed the first week of school because of my Mississippi trip i had some catching up to do. Oh boy what a week i had, the work wasn't that bad; once i turned in my first assignments I felt pretty good. It was the events that i wasn't too fond of. The picture above is an object you might use daily or you should at least recognize it, yes it's a mechanical pencil. A pencil that is more preferred to use by Students because of it's wonderful grip at the point and the fine print it gives when you write. Well I am one of those students! Last week I was using a mechanical pencil to do homework. I used the lead stick to the point where i had to take it out...i did, but i threw that extra lead on the floor(like i always do). Later that night i went swimming with my roommates and when i got back i went to check my phone to see if someone called me. My room was dark, but i knew exactly where my phone was. i went straight to my bed when all of a sudden i feel something stab me in the foot! I hoped out of my room to the light and saw that inch lead stick IN MY FOOT!!! luckily i don't get sick over those things like my mom does, i just calmly pulled it out and couldn't believe how far it went in my foot. My foot then started bleeding and was a little tender the next day...don't worry mom and dad i don't have lead poisoning i just had a small black hole in my foot for a couple of days!

2 comments:

Cyndi said...

You are so crazy...and brave. Pulling something out of your foot sounds terrifying.

Funny story. I'm glad Mississippi didn't ruin your academic schedule!

Kelly Fam said...

geez, I hate when I do that. Oh yeah, I DON'T THROW SHARP OBJECTS ON THE FLOOR!! well, not anymore. not after getting a few things like that stuck in there. Try fish hooks. Those sting bad