Encouraging

"Be not afriad of greatness. Some were born with greatness, some ACHIEVE greatness and some have greatness thrusted upon them."

Monday, August 15, 2011

I am a finisher of the Mapleton Moonlight Half Marathon. It has been my favorite half marathon I have ever ran, I've done Moab and St. George as well.
Glow Sticks were all over. People had them around their necks, ankles, hands and even in their hair. There was no way a person could go unseen.
My favorite part about this half marathon is how relaxed it was. The race started at 9 and the winner had to cross the finish line at MIDNIGHT! It was nice because racers could start at any time. My friends and I started at 9:30pm. We had a good steady pace, but I ran faster the last mile or so. I finished at 11:56:56. SO CLOSE!!! I didn't care much, I'm just glad I FINISHED!

If anyone wants to run a half marathon, I would recommend this one!  10/10

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you mean to put 11:56? You said that you sped up the last mile or so and that you were really close so I was just curious if that is what you meant. Congrats though. That is so amazing!!

*liSa* said...

11:56:56 was the time i finished the race. I finished at 11 hours 56 mins and 56 seconds! haha
Thanks, it was A LOT of fun!

Cyndi said...

Sounds like fun. Right up your alley! Of course you ran faster the last couple of miles....you are so speedy.

Milady said...

Melanie here! I enjoyed this piece, please email me--I have a question about your blog. MelanieLBowen[at]gmail[dot]com