Encouraging

"Be not afriad of greatness. Some were born with greatness, some ACHIEVE greatness and some have greatness thrusted upon them."

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Elder Brad Garlock enters MTC

Brad Garlock

Today starts my little brother's two years of his mission. My brother is going to the Portland Oregan Spanish Speaking mission. He will stay in the Provo MTC for six weeks and then labor in Oregan. Lately I have been feeling patient and irritated with Brad. He would leave his underwear on the bathroom floor, plates and crumbs on the couch (two days after I vaccuumed) and would take FOREVER to get a list done. AHHHH he drove me CRAZY some days.

 However, I had to say goodbye to him last night and I'm going to miss him more than I thought. This was our conversation.
Me: "Well I probably won't see you tomorrow morning so I"ll say goodbye to you tonight. Too bad I can't give you a hug" (he was set apart as an elder earlier that evening).
Brad: "I can give you a hug"
Me: "I'm a girl"
Brad: "yeah, but you're my sister"

My heart just melted when I heard those words come out of his mouth. Bradley gives me a hard time and tells me how it is, doesn't involve any fluff in a conversation ( which i appriecate). It may seem that he is a little harsh with me, but I now KNOW inside he truely does LOVE ME! and I KNOW he is going to miss me. He may NEVER admit it, but I KNOW! haha

2 comments:

HummingBird said...

Wow it's a Lisa in MAN FORM! Haha you two look so alike! Cute brother. :) Love you Lisa!

Cyndi said...

He does. He might admit it NOW seeing your probably the only loyal girl writing him :). j/k