Encouraging

"Be not afriad of greatness. Some were born with greatness, some ACHIEVE greatness and some have greatness thrusted upon them."

Sunday, September 14, 2008

New Calling!

You may want to read what I'm pointing to CAREFULLY. Not possible you say? It's ok to admit, i did. She is way to young to be apart of the Relief Society! Well it's true. Last week the Bishop called me into his office and everyone knows when the bishops wants to talk to you, you are going to get a calling. The question is "What is it?" I had a feeling i was going to be in the Relief Society, but i hoped it wouldn't come true. I knew who was the Relief Society president, i got along with her pretty well and i wondered all summer long who she was going to pick for counselors. Deep inside i had a feeling i was one of the top 10 to be chosen. When the bishop told me that my name was submitted i knew i couldn't say no. I knew over the summer that they Lord was preparing me Spiritually, socially and physically for this calling. He was softening my heart over the summer. It feels weird to be in the Relief Society. When most people think of Relief Society they also think of old ladies, well i know I'm not THAT old, but it doesn't change the fact that i got called to be in the Relief Society. You are probably wondering what I'm under, well that question i can answer. I am under Education which means I'm in charge of the teachers, and music. I'm really excited to be apart of the Relief Society even though i don't really know what I'm doing, but i figure none of the presidency does. We just have to test the trail and error approach!

3 comments:

Cyndi said...

You will do so great. I want to hear how the singing goes. XOXO

Kelly Fam said...

I forgot to ask you about your calling when I saw you last weekend. How is it going? It is a big calling, but so much to learn from. I just know the sisters in your ward and your Relief Society Pres. will help you in this. Relief Society is such a great thing in our church. I love it. I have benefited much from the service of those in the relief society. Good luck!

Katheryn Wiederhold said...

Wow congrats! This is such a great calling for you! You are just so outgoing and friendly, just what every relief society needs.