Encouraging

"Be not afriad of greatness. Some were born with greatness, some ACHIEVE greatness and some have greatness thrusted upon them."

Sunday, August 29, 2010

HiCkOrY KiSt!!

You may have heard of or seen this place in the Utah county area. Well i'll tell you abou it. Hickory Kist is the place I work!! Hickory Kist is a deli located in Spanish Fork. This is the best place to eat, socialize, and work for. I work with my good friend Marleen(pretty much told her bosses that i'm amazing! and gave me a great word), everything is homebaked (everyone prefers homebaked meals) and it's a great enviornment. It's not a high stress job which makes it delightful to work.
Me and Marleen at Snow College and enjoying some delicious cupcakes. They were so good we had to eat them in ONE bit! She is also the lovely girl who got me a job!
 All summer I have been job hunting, I sent out at least 15 applications this summer and I only got three call backs(one of those was hickory kist). It took me all summer to find a job. At times I just wanted to give up and say bag it i'll wait until school starts, but I knew that if i kept applying and kept my eyes opened I would find something. What i have to say now is.....I'M SO GLAD I WAS PERSISTANT!!! You could say it was a testimony builder for me. Not only did it teach me never to give up, but also to keep a positive attitude and be myself through the whole thing.

No comments: