Encouraging

"Be not afriad of greatness. Some were born with greatness, some ACHIEVE greatness and some have greatness thrusted upon them."

Sunday, September 6, 2009

No Sugar for the Semester

Most people call me "Crazy" when I tell them I don't eat sugar. They also say "I need sugar, I would last.......three maybe five hours with out sugar" My favorite is "Well fruit has sugar in it" well no duh, everything has sugar in it whether it be NATURAL (in fruit and vegetables) or REFINED(sweet such as brownies and ice-cream etc...)sugar. I'm here to tell you that I decided to go off REFINED sugar. I did it last semester with one of my roommates and I felt great until I made a horrible decision to break my "Sugar diet" and have some chocolate, candy and ice-cream during the summer time.
I know it's going to be hard, but I know I can do it and I know that it will help with my health in the future. I read an article that women should eat about 100 calories or 6 teaspoons of sugar per day and men should have around 150 calories or 9 teaspoon of sugar a day. These include manufacture sugars. Of course every body functions different and I know that my body would gladly appreciate it if i only ate 100 or less calories of sugar a day.
I thought I would let everyone know that I'M OFF SUGAR so PLEASE don't offer me anything. I know as a Garlock it's a crime against the family name, but I frankly don't care. I would rather be healthy and take sweets out of my food guide pyramid than keep sweets in my pyramid and be sick from it. I will let you know how my journey goes through out the school year. If anyone would like to join me, great! if not wish me luck!

2 comments:

Cyndi said...

You're on your own sister! :)

You can do it. It's easier when you live away from home and shop for yourself. Good luck. I want an update.

My neck? What's wrong with my neck. You are just jealous. Ha, did you notice my shirt? I swipped it from your closet and returned it nice and clean.

Katheryn Wiederhold said...

Wow! That is so good for you. I will support you. :) I think it is a very smart decision.